Gizmodo Media Group (GMG), which is part of Univision's digital arm, Fusion Media Group, is seeking an experienced reporter to serve as staff writer of its women’s politics and culture site, Jezebel, which reaches some 14 million monthly readers globally.
About the Company:
Gizmodo Media Group is the publisher of the web’s most original and fearless media brands, including Gizmodo, Earther, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Jezebel, Deadspin, Splinter, Jalopnik, TrackRecord and The Root. As part of Fusion Media Group, we reach an audience of +120 million visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans.
About the role:
The ideal candidate is intellectually curious and politically minded across a variety of stories and content: able to locate and expound on the racial dynamics in a new Disney movie and editorially eviscerate a travel ban. Staff writers are expected to contribute daily to Jezebel's news effort while also working on longform features, Q&As, and investigative pieces.
Candidates should be comfortable pitching editors in real-time, while also generating longer lead ideas and angles for stories that resonate in a Trump administration.
As Staff Writer, you should:
- have experience writing for a fast-paced digital publication;
- be organized and detail-oriented, with a clear, authoritative writing voice;
- respond nimbly to cultural and news events with related stories;
- be capable of turning around stories ranging from short news pieces to longer features at a quick pace;
- be comfortable reporting on a landscape of gender—including non-binary identities—not just "women's issues."
This position is in the WGA-E bargaining unit.
Have questions for our recruiting team?
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you shortly.
In the meantime, follow GMG Careers on Twitter to stay up to date with our career opportunities.